Workaround for SMO Bug: urn could not be resolved at level OleDbProviderSetting

Microsoft ConnectM isn’t letting me sign in to post this workaround, but I just ran into a bug with the OleDbProviderSettings within SMO.

smobug

To get around it, I used $server.Settings.OleDbProviderSettings instead of $server.OleDbProviderSettings

Chrissy is a Cloud and Datacenter Management & Data Platform MVP who has worked in IT for over 20 years. She is the creator of the popular SQL PowerShell module dbatools, holds a master's degree in Systems Engineering and is coauthor of Learn dbatools in a Month of Lunches. Chrissy is certified in SQL Server, Linux, SharePoint and network security. You can follow her on Twitter at @cl.

Posted in PowerShell, SQL Server

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*